Showcase your work to industry leaders, explain your tech to the world and claim an international mark of excellence.
By taking part in the awards, we can guarantee that key sector influencers will see your work and that you have a platform – The Hub – to explain your technology to a wider audience.
Six entries from each category are shortlisted and winners claim an internationally recognized mark of excellence, which sets what you do apart from your competitors and should give you a discernible commercial advantage.
Cost to Enter
- A single entry costs £245 / $300 +VAT
- Unlimited multiple entries cost £295 / $350 +VAT
An SME discount is available on request – contact +44 (0) 020 3150 2078
Terms and Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions can be found here, please read them prior to submitting your entry. The key things to remember are
· The awards are open to any organization or individual globally and there is no restriction on the number of entries which can be submitted
· All entries must be submitted as soft copy via the Sports Technology Awards website entry portal; no hard copies will be accepted although single examples of products or goods can be posted to the awards office. These items are not returnable
· As well the entry form, additional information can be submitted as a soft copy document although size restrictions apply
· Only entries written in English will be accepted, please respect the word counts on the entry form and, whilst the same copy can be used for multiple entries, it is recommended that entries are tailored to the categories to which they pertain
· Entrants may submit multiple entries in the same category but can only do so for different products, services or activities
· Agencies or third parties submitting on behalf of clients or partners only qualify for the Multiple Entry fee provided their agency’s involvement is central to the entry. Entries can still be submitted on behalf of clients where the agency has had no involvement in the work however, unless a single client is submitting more than one entry, the Multiple Entry fee would not apply
· All entries must be accompanied by a Vector format company logo; there is also the option to submit a short video about the entry, which is strongly encouraged. Provided the video complies with Sports Technology Awards video guidelines, it will be included on The Hub
· Amendments cannot be made to an entry once submitted
· All entrants should receive email confirmation within three days of submission. If you do not receive this then please contact the Organizers as your entry may not have been received
· Rule breaches, failure to pay the entry fee by 3rd February 2017 and canvassing judges will result in disqualification from the judging process
· The Organizers have the right to cancel and amend award categories as well as to move entries across categories if they feel that this will be beneficial to the entrant
Team of the Year
This award celebrates the work of teams working in sports, which, thanks to the adoption, use or creation of innovative technology, have delivered outstanding results.
Entries are invited across any area of sport globally including, but not limited to, international and domestic federations and governing bodies, elite clubs and teams, sports performance, venues hosting sporting events, sponsoring brands, manufacturers, technology companies, broadcasters, broadcaster service providers and production companies, and marketing and professional services agencies.
Venue of the Year
This award celebrates the work of venues hosting sports events which, thanks to the adoption, use or creation of technology, offer an improved experience for stakeholders and customers, either for a single event or as an inherent part of its offering.
Entries are invited from any permanent venue globally which has hosted any single or multiple sports event between December 2015 and November 2016.
Rights Holder of the Year
This award celebrates the work of Rights Holders in sport globally, which, thanks to the adoption, use or creation of innovative or ground-breaking technology, have delivered outstanding results.
Entries are invited from Rights Holders globally working in any or many sports, international, regional or national federations and governing bodies, international and national leagues, event organizers, broadcast, broadcast service providers and production companies, and mobile and digital media.
Outstanding Start Up
This award celebrates innovative young businesses operating in sports, that were no more than three years old on 30th August 2016.
Entries are invited from any business operating in sports globally including, but not limited to, sole traders, cooperatives, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
Most Innovative Sports Partnership
Most Innovative Sponsor
Most Innovative Kit or Apparel
Most Innovative Fan Engagement Campaign
This award celebrates work facilitating better fan engagement conducted between November 30th 2015 and December 1st 2016.
Entries are invited from across all aspects of the sports sector globally, including but not limited to International and National Governing Bodies and Federations, individual athletes, sports clubs and teams, sponsors, brands and technology businesses, working in any number of markets, countries or sports.
Best Web Development or App
This award celebrates innovative web developments or apps in the sports sector, which markedly improve the experience of the end-user it is targeting.
Entries are invited from any organization working in sports including, but not limited to, brands, web developers, broadcasters, governing bodies and federations, working in any market, country or sport.
Most Innovative Wearable
Most Innovative Live Sports Experience or Event
This award celebrates innovative live sports experiences or events which took place between December 2015 and December 2016 across a single or multiple sports.
Entries are invited from rights holders, broadcast, broadcast service providers and production companies, international and domestic federations and governing bodies, globally, working in any market, country or sport, with an event of any duration.
Best Technology for Managers and Coaches - Performance
Best Technology for Managers and Coaches - Athlete Welfare
Best Technology for Fan Engagement
Best Technology for Commercial Returns
This award celebrates technologies which enable better commercial performance in any organization working in sports.
Entries are invited from any business operating in sport globally, which work in areas including, but not limited to, data management, WIFI, CRM, media, ticketing or transactional services.
Best Participation Technology
Best New Innovation
This award celebrates the best innovations in sports technology, created between June 2014 and November 2016.
Entries are invited from across all aspects of the sports sector globally including, but not limited to, organizations or individuals who have created technology with a clear application within sports. This initiative can be led by hardware, software, materials, nutrition or mechanics.
Best Elite Sports Facility
This award celebrates the sports facility that is demonstrably innovative in its approach to coaching, performance, clinical activity and rehab for elite athletes. Entries are invited from any facility working in elite sport including, but not limited to, centres belonging to International and National Governing Bodies and Federations, individual athletes, private clinics and clubs and education establishments.
Best Digital TV Product or Broadcast Innovation
This award celebrates innovative products or services or innovative adoption of technology to improve the end-users’ experience of a broadcast. Entries are invited from broadcast, broadcast service providers and production companies working in any sport broadcasting across any medium or any combination of media, and working in any number of markets or countries.
Sports Tech Young Exec
This award celebrates impressive young talent in the sports technology sector.
Entries are invited from any business or individual operating in sport globally; entrants will be aged less than 35 years old as of December 31st 2016.
Judges will review candidates on the following criteria, with the short listed individuals being invited to interview with a judging panel.
Remember that as well as your entry form, you must include a hi-res company logo and you have the option to submit additional information and a video for The Hub.
Full information can be found in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS