With entries closing on 31st December, the Sports Technology Awards judging panel has been revealed. The impressive line-up spans leading sports brands, sponsors, academics, Olympians, World Cup winners, governing bodies, architecture and innovative technologists.
The awards, which have been celebrating the vital role of technology in sport since their inception in 2014, are unique globally and represent an international mark of excellence.
Rebecca Hopkins, CEO of the Sports Technology Awards, explained ‘We are delighted to have so many influential names from sport, sports tech and technology support the awards via the judging process. Our judges only judge entries within their expertise and with categories spanning vastly different disciplines, we needed to have people on the panel who completely understood each one’.
Here are just a few of the judges supporting the 2016 awards:
- ALEX TRICKETT, Head of Sport, Twitter
- ANDREW DIGGLE, Acting Head of Media, Manchester United
- ANDY HARLAND, Head of Sports Technology Research Group, Loughborough University
- HOLGER VALTIN, Global Sports Marketing Director, Bayern München, Adidas
- JAMIE BAULCH, Olympic Medallist and Former World Champion
- JAYNE BUSSMAN-WISE, Director of Digital Marketing, New York City FC
- MARLON DEVONISH, Olympic, World Indoor, Commonwealth and European Champion
- MARTIN CORRY, Former England Rugby Captain and Rugby World Cup Winner
- PETER SCHOENKE, President, Rotowire.Com and Roto Sports Inc.
- SCOTT GUTTERMAN, Vice President of Digital Operations, PGA Tour
- STEVE HELLMUTH, Executive Vice President, Operations and Technology, NBA Entertainment
- SUNDANCE DIGIOVANNI, Co-Founder & CEO, Major League Gaming
Olympian, Marlon Devonish, added ‘As a former Olympian turned coach, I not only find technology really useful as a competitor, it helps shape the way I train the people I work with. Judging these awards keeps me current on the latest kit available anywhere in the world and ensures that I continue to review and judge the best out there. On top of this, the awards give me a chance to network with crucial people in our industry so I value it on many levels’.
This year organizations entering the awards will have the chance to explain and promote their work via the new awards video portal however, with entries closing on 31st December 2015, time to enter is ebbing away.