This award celebrates innovative sports equipment or apparel created between December 2014 and December 2017, which enables more effective performance in a single or multiple sports. This includes but isn’t limited to clothing, gloves, footwear, training and conditioning equipment, body, joint and head protection and equipment such as rackets, bats, skis and boards.
Entries are invited from brands or manufacturers, working in any market(s), country(ies) or sports.
Judges will review entries on the following criteria
- How innovative, original and effective was the product
- To what degree is the technology unique or, where there is competing technology, how is the entry’s technology superior (i.e. easier to use, more accessible, more rigorous etc.)
- How robust is the technology as a business proposition (i.e. how scalable is the tech, what is its potential for growth and to what degree can it disrupt the existing market)
- What technology was used, how was it used and how did it have a measurable impact
- Quantitative and qualitative data supporting the entry (e.g. stats and third-party endorsements)